TV is one of an integral part of homes in the modern world and it is essential equipment at night. And TV was one thing that impacted to change the human being’s living pattern. And it can be known as the basic equipment of communication also. Today, you can see various televisions are coming to the market with various technology and in various scales. When we look into the history of this television, it goes to 1800s. This was the result of numerous people’s efforts.
History of TV
In 1800s, a German student called Paul Gottlieb Nipkow developed the first ever mechanical module of television. He was able to send images through wires with the help of a rotating metal disk. In 1907, A.A. Campbell-Swinton from England and Russian scientist Boris Rosing, used the cathode ray tube to the television system in addition to this mechanical scanner system. As the result of two scientists, Nipkow and Rosing’s efforts, there was a platform to the mechanical television and electronic television. In 1923, the first practical mechanical television system was invented by an American inventor called Charles Jenkins used the disk idea of Nipkow. In 1926, the first tv with transmitting moving pictures was invented by John Logie Baird, through the mechanical disk system started by Nipkow. And in 1934, all television systems had converted into the electronic system. The television, what is being used in today is belong to this electronic system. Firstly, the black and white television was invented. And in 1970, it was able to invent the coloured television.
Unknown Facts about TV
- Olympic and the Football World Cup are the most watching broadcasting events in the world.
- It is recorded as the Americans annually watch around 250 billion hours of television.
- The first TV Commercial was broadcasted in 1941 and it was lasted for 20 seconds.
- It is recorded that 99% of American homes own at least one television set. And 66% of Americans have at least three.
- Today, there are more than 275 million televisions in America.
- In United Kingdom, average a person is spending 04 hours per day, to watch television.
However, today tv has become a vital part of day-to-day life. Actually it is hard to imagine life without television today. However, today people can watch many television programs by using the internet also.