Let’s Look into the Symptoms of Dengue Fever
These symptoms started to emerge 04-06 days after infection and it is last for up to 10 days.
- The person may suffer from sudden high fever
- He/she may have severe headaches
- He/she may have pain behind the eyes
- That person may have severe joint and muscle pain
- He/she may have fatigue
- May suffer from nausea
- He/she may feel like vomiting
- He/she may have skin rash that appease 2-5 days after the beginning of fever
- He/she may have mild bleeding like a nose bleed, bleeding gums or easy bruising
How to Diagnosing Dengue Fever?
If you will consult a doctor, he/she can identify dengue infection by doing a blood test in order to check for the virus.
What are the Treatment for Dengue Fever?
- If the person start to feel worse in the first 24 hours after his/her fever goes down, he/she should be taken to a hospital immediately to be checked for complications.
- He/she should use pain relievers with acetaminophen (and must avoid medicines with aspirin)
- He/she should do bed rest
- He/she should drink plenty of fluids
How to prevent from Dengue Fever?
Actually, there is no any vaccine to prevent this fever. So, prevention bites by infected mosquitoes is the only best way to prevent this disease. If you’ll get know the area you are staying has exposed for this disease, you can protect yourself by staying away from that area or by using mosquito repellents or by wearing long-sleeved shirts and long pants tucked into socks, when outdoors or by using air conditioning if available, when indoors. And keep in mind that if someone in your home gets dengue fever, you should careful and protect yourself, because mosquitoes that bite the infected family member could spread the infection to others in your home.